Gratitude is so powerful. It’s impossible to feel upset, stressed, afraid, angry, or depressed while feeling grateful. Gratitude and negative emotions cannot coexist in the body. Gratitude is one of the easiest ways to change your state. Every night, I make a list of at least ten things for which I’m grateful.
Here’s my list for today:
1. I’m grateful for the gorgeous boxes I use to store my photos, greeting cards, electronics, and office supplies.
2. I’m grateful for my amazing walk-in closet.
3. I’m grateful for my space-saving hangers allowing me to double the hanging space in my closet.
4. I’m grateful to have a washer and dryer in my apartment.
5. I’m grateful for all of my clothes.
6. I’m grateful for my IKEA bookshelves that beautifully divide the space in my apartment and give me ample storage room.
7. I’m grateful that there’s a light in my closet to allow me to see my clothes.
8. I’m grateful for my plastic storage bins that I use to store my seasonal clothing.
9. I’m grateful for packing cubes.
10. I’m grateful to be able to help others organize their homes and find and fall in love with their wardrobes again.
Most people don’t take the time to stop and think about what they’re grateful for in their busy days. Thanksgiving is a really beautiful holiday, because most Americans take the opportunity to reflect on what they have instead of feeling entitlement or desire for something new. Imagine what kind of world we would live in if everyone were thankful every day. Gratitude is even more powerful when shared with others, because it multiplies. Who could you share your gratitude with today and every day?
Share in the comments section below – What are you grateful for today?